Is It Normal to Date Cross Country? Yes, According to Dating.com’s Experts
Ever fall for someone far from you? According to Dating.com, cross-country love is common — sometimes even preferred.
The online dating site found that:
- San Francisco based-users are 58% more likely to date a New Yorker over an Angeleno
- Los Angeles based-users are 70% more likely to date a New Yorker over a San Franciscan
- San Francisco and Los Angeles have the least amount of profile interests in common when compared to any other city in the state of California (22%)
- When presented with a New York-based user, the average San Francisco-based Dating.com user chooses to pursue a conversation on average 3 out of 5 times
- When presented with a Los Angeles-based user, the average San Francisco-based Dating.com user chooses to pursue a conversation on average 1 out of 5 times
- Top attributions: a longing for starting fresh somewhere entirely new, New York’s exciting reputation and an interest in travel
What makes Dating.com different is that it does not match users based on location, but based on shared interests. That’s what makes it possible for an authentic search for love. We make long-distance, cross-country and often international dating work out by connecting users to someone actually right for them.
If you want to embark on something authentic, sign up today at Dating.com.